UI/UX Designer 📍 Upper Marlboro, United States
MCG Strategic is currently seeking an experienced and creative UI/UX designer to join our growing team. Successful candidates will be expected to utilize their talents by contributing to projects such as creative UI/UX website design, applications and mobile app interfaces. There will be the opportunity to collaborate collectively on creative concepts. This position may be either a full-time position at MCG Strategic’s office in Marlton, New Jersey or a freelance opportunity. Proven talent and dedication may outweigh experience.
- Plan and implement new user interface designs
- Optimize existing user interface designs
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with managers and engineers
- Illustrate ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Design graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets
- Adhere to brand style standards on fonts, colors and images
- Develop creative user interface prototypes in Adobe XD that clearly illustrate how site ideas appear and function
- Prepare and present to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Test new ideas before implementing with informal usability tests
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Collaborate with engineers to see the product come to life
Strong digital design portfolio showcasing ability to create engaging experiences
Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite; primarily Abode XD
Demonstrate creative thinking and conceptual ability
Passion for design and a keen eye for typography, proportions, relationships and visual balance
Experience in usability and user experience best practices
Strong prototyping ability
Eager to learn new techniques
Strategic thinking is a must
Comfortable working collaboratively and independently
Manage time efficiently—meeting deadlines and project objectives within scope
Solid communication and organizational skills
Working knowledge of HTML and CSS not required, but a plus
Most importantly, possess a great attitude, energy, and excitement to be part of a talented team that does good work for good clients!
About MCG Strategic
MCG Strategic is a creative brand technology agency formed with the goal of providing strategic, world-class creative and technology-driven solutions for clients striving to grow and evolve their businesses. MCG Strategic has produced work for regional, national and global businesses in a variety of industries; from technology, B2B and financial to healthcare, education and retail.
It is MCG Strategic’s practice not to discriminate against any employee or applicant because of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation or sexual preference, pregnancy or maternity, genetic information, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
- Full-time, Contract
- Design: 2 years (Preferred)
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$300-500 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page