Junior Web Developer 📍 Birmingham, United Kingdom
Digital agency based in Digbeth who are looking for an enthusiastic Junior Web Developer to join their team. They offer a relaxed, friendly and supportive creative studio environment in a converted industrial warehouse in the centre of Digbeth.
The company is looking for someone with a can-do attitude, willing to learn, highly motivated and organised and able to work to deadlines.
Since 2014, our company has created solutions for a broad range of clients. We are a full-service creative agency with capabilities across web design & development, marketing, branding and production, we work with clients to unlock value through creativity, technology, and storytelling.
We’ve got a fantastic opportunity for a Junior Web Developer with some experience to join our growing team. If that’s you, then you’ll be joining one of Birmingham’s coolest agency. We expect candidates to know their CSS from their SASS and to have done their homework. You’ll work from our creative production studio and office, alongside the creative director, content producer, photographer and videographer a fantastic team of like-minded, creative people. You’ll also have a portfolio that shines and the enthusiasm to work hard.
In return you’ll enjoy the benefits of a growing salary, working in the heart of Birmingham City, cycle to work scheme, flexible working hours and much more.
Here’s what you’ll do
- You’ll be designing sites from scratch using industry-standard design tools like Photoshop, Illustrator, Visual Composer and Elementor.
- You’ll provide hi-fi mockups using the adobe suite.
- You’ll be coding in HTML, PHP, JQuery and SCSS.
- You’ll be working with WordPress extensively.
- You’ll be working on content marketing pieces, showing off your creative design and coding skills.
- You’ll be talking to our account managers and clients in a friendly, professional manner.
- You’ll be keeping our internal systems up-to-date with project updates.
Here’s what we’d like
- You’ll have at least 12 months relevant experience, Wordpress is a must.
- You’ll bring a smile to work every day, and enjoy being part of a lively team.
- You’ll know your way around the Adobe Creative Suite.
- You’ll have a keen eye for design, and be excited about becoming better at it.
- You won’t be phased by the speed you’ll need to work at, or the number of tasks you’ll be able to expertly manage.
- You’ll be confident liaising within the team, other departments and putting on your best phone voice for our clients.
- You’ll love the idea of a relaxed, modern office.
- You’ll enjoy figuring things out, and finding solutions to tricky problems.
- You’ll love being organised and methodical, keeping internal systems up to date.
Here’s what we’ll give you
- A competitive salary, dependent on experience.
- A quirky office space in Digbeth Birmingham, with great facilities.
- Flexible working hours.
- A cycle-to-work scheme.
- A generous freelance policy.
- Annual appraisals and 1-to-1 meetings on requests.
To apply, we’d like you to send us a cover letter telling us why you’re great, CV, portfolio or GitHub link, and your salary expectation.
Please remember to send us any links to existing work you think would support your application.
- Not just a Web Agency but also a Production Agency
- Ride-to-work Scheme
- Flexible Working Hours
- City Centre Location
- Free parking
- Working in the heart of Digbeth, possibility to know creative people, great creative events after work ( live music, performances, art exhibitions…)
- Have the opportunity to work across projects for different sectors including fashion, retail, corporate and the arts.
- 12-24 months
- 35 per week
- Full-time, Part-time, Contract, Apprenticeship
- £10,000.00 to £22,000.00 /year
- Adobe Suite: 1 year (Preferred)
- Wordpress: 1 year (Preferred)
- PHP: 1 year (Preferred)
- CSS: 1 year (Preferred)
- HTML: 1 year (Preferred)
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your hourly rate budget range? (USD)
$45-75 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page