Digital Content Artist 📍 Birmingham, United States
The Freelance Digital Content Artist will be responsible for preparing print-ready files, interactive digital publications, email and site content as well as preparing presentation and review materials. They will work directly with the Creative, Production and Account Teams and report to the Creative Content Supervisor. The Freelance Digital Content Artist is responsible for diagnosing and solving problems related to file quality, color matching, asset and font management, formatting and maintaining style sheets. Projects often require working with vendor provided templates and tight adherence to client brand standards. Candidates must be skilled in all Adobe Creative Cloud Applications. This is a technical position, focused on print and digital based pre-production and building quality content.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Create error-free print-ready files for various printed projects including large format color correct printing, digital and print publications, direct mail content associated with a client’s campaign. Communicate with internal production department to assess mechanical needs, take that
information and generate artwork specification sheets for print & digital content associated with a client’s campaign.
- Review and revise client submitted artwork for accuracy, color and format.
- Organize, maintain and archive client production files.
- Work directly with Creative Team to answer any content related questions.
- Work with Account team to build mock ups, presentation materials and client review compositions
- Staying current with emerging Adobe and other creative applications for print and digital publishing.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Applications: InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat, Photoshop.
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS, and Java Script is a welcome bonus.
- Experience with Adobe Online Publishing is a plus
- Technical knowledge of Litho and Digital printing processes.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and manage time.
- Strong listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Critical attention to the smallest of details is a must.
- Critical thinker, enjoys problem solving and finding solutions.
- Understanding of contemporary graphic design, layout, color and typography.
- Composition and design fundamentals.
- Commitment to production schedules, deadlines, efficiency and quality.
- Knowledge of file formatting: size, resolution, vector vs. raster, CMYK vs. RGB, spot color vs.
- process, bleed/trim/live area, the difference between file types and what they are used for
- PDF, EPS, JPG, PNG, BMP, AVI, etc.
- The ability to diagnose and solve problems related to file quality, color matching, missing links or
- fonts, and formatting.
- AT MRM, RELATIONSHIP IS OUR MIDDLE NAME.
MRM//McCann is a leading customer relationship agency that leverages the power of creativity, the beauty of data, and the magic of technology to nurture, encourage and sustain strong relationships between brands and their customers – in turn, creating meaningful experiences for people, while driving business results.
We employ the most innovative talent in the industry to digitally drive the transformation of our clients’ businesses and provide creative solutions to help brands grow meaningful relationships with people.
- Ideas power everything
- We’re Better Together
- We’ll figure it out
- Complexity can be managed
- It only counts if we deliver
- Technology is magic
MRM//McCann is a leader in Gartner Inc.'s annual “Magic Quadrant for Global Digital Marketing Agencies” report. Gartner Magic Quadrants are based on an exacting methodology where agencies stand out for their strategic services, including business strategy and digital business transformation skills. MRM//McCann is noted for its global vision and strategy, and its use of tools and analytics enabling clients to deliver a measurable business impact as the result of those strategies.
MRM//McCann is an EEO/AA employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, marital status, citizenship, disability, genetic information or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. MRM//McCann participates in e-Verify.
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-400 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page