Product Designer 📍 San Francisco, United States
What you will be working on
As a Product Designer (Part-Time/Freelance Contract), you will be joining our Product Design Team on a part-time contract basis. You’ll help shape the future of Court Buddy’s visual presence and core interface across all of our products.
You’ll work closely with various teams to design, create, and maintain Court Buddy’s visual presence not only also across social media and marketing efforts, but also through the editorial lens of the product.
Your responsibilities will be varied – one day you may be working in Figma creating UI assets and the next day working on online and offline marketing collateral such as flyers, graphics, signage, and other promotional materials for conferences and events.
How we do things
We follow a user-centered design process. Our teams focus on listening to users and letting their needs guide us to the best solutions. We are solving for real people.
What we are passionate about
Our team is passionate about learning and understanding our users’ needs, behaviors, and emotions to gather insights that inform product strategy and design.
We think about iconography, typography, photography, color, and illustration and how they could help improve the experience for our users.
What we are looking for
- You’re capable of forming a strong point of view around your design decisions
- Work closely with other designers, product managers, and engineers in ensuring that the user experience is evolving at the same rate as our visual design language
- Proficient designing with Adobe & Figma
- At least 2+ years of experience working in a design/marketing team.
Nice to have, but not required
- Have startup experience
- Have experience or willingness to learn HTML/CSS for email design purposes.
What we need from you
- Attach or link your portfolio.
- Attach or link your resume.
- Submissions without a portfolio will not be considered.
You should apply if you are looking to join…
- A team that is dedicated to making an impact in people’s lives while also exceeding financial business objectives.
- A team that rolls up their sleeves to get work done with the understanding that every action positively impacts our customers and the legal industry.
- An opportunity to make an impact at the ground level with room to create career opportunities.
- A culture that is centered around collaboration and a teamwork-oriented approach with a focus on exceeding personal and company-wide goals
- A culture that values diversity.
- Court Buddy is headquartered in the highly desirable Financial District of San Francisco and is steps from the BART and MUNI stations, parks, coffee shops, sports arenas, and grocery stores. We are looking for someone to join us there 2-3 days a week or work remotely.
About Court Buddy
Court Buddy is the #1 place to find an attorney for your case. The company operates an online legal service that matches and manages relationships between clients and experienced attorneys for personal and business legal matters including court appearances, nationwide. The company helps to build trusted relationships for a variety of legal matters including family law, real estate, personal debt, business, criminal defense, and litigation.
- Part-time, Temporary, Contract
- $45.00 to $50.00 /hour
- Design: 2 years (Required)
- UI Design: 2 years (Preferred)
- UX Design: 2 years (Preferred)
- San Francisco, CA (Required)
- English (Required)
- One location
Hours per week
- 1 - 3 months
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your hourly rate budget range? (USD)
$35-50 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page