Graphic Designer 📍 Brooklyn Park, United States
The Office of Student Affairs at the New York University Tandon School of Engineering is seeking an energetic and knowledgeable Graphic Designer/Administrative Assistant for the 2019-2020 academic year. The ideal candidate will be responsible for a wide range of clerical, design, marketing, and general office duties, including those of a confidential nature. Experience working in a fast-paced professional environment is required; experience working in a higher education setting is preferred.
- Work and interact with students, staff, and faculty across the school
- Serve as the primary designer of office’s print and online materials as well as collaborating and executing the office marketing and social media plan
- Managing all social media accounts to support the mission of the Office of Student Affairs and Tandon
- Perform general receptionist duties, including answering phones, greeting students/guests, and managing the office’s central email account
- Perform general word processing, spreadsheet, and data entry duties utilizing intermediate-level functions
- Serve as an active member of the Student Affairs team and assist with the logistics and planning of the Women in STEM Summit, the Diversity in STEM Summit, Piano Series, Orientation, Convocation, and other programs and events
- Perform other duties as assigned by personnel within the Office of Student Affairs and the Office of Student Activities & Resource Center
- Minimum one-year experience working in a fast-paced professional environment
- Minimum one-year professional design experience (internships and freelance work are acceptable)
- Experience with a variety of design platforms including Adobe CS6 Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
- Knowledge of both Microsoft Office Suite and all Google apps (Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Documents, etc.)
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly organized with proven time management skills
- Maintain focus under pressure/deadlines
- Ability to work independently and in teams
- Ability to problem-solve design and technical issues independently
- Must be discreet and exhibit good judgment in handling sensitive information
- Experience in a higher education
- Experience with database management
- Experience with budget management
- $25 per hour for 35 hours per week. Hours must be completed between 9am-5pm in person in our office, which is located in Brooklyn, NY. Occasional night and weekend work will be requested.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume, including a link to your portfolio or several images of sample work.
- Temporary, Contract
- $25.00 /hour
- Office Administration: 1 year (Required)
- graphic design: 1 year (Preferred)
- Not possible
Full Time Opportunity
- Professional development assistance
- 4 - 6 months
This Company Describes Its Culture as
- Detail-oriented – quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented – results-focused with strong performance culture
- Team-oriented – cooperative and collaborative
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your hourly rate budget range? (USD)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page