Senior Multimedia Designer 📍 Raleigh, United States
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
Red Hat’s Internal Communications team is looking for a Senior Multimedia Designer to join us in Raleigh, NC. In this role, you will use video, motion design, and photography to solve business problems, simplify and tell complex stories, and communicate Red Hat’s culture. This is a great opportunity to work with a creative and fun team that is constantly thinking of new ways to share our unique culture and attract top talent.
Primary job responsibilities
- Concept, plan, produce, and deliver creative campaigns to communicate business priorities and celebrate Red Hat’s culture, brand, and people
- Use digital assets to tell stories about Red Hat that inform, engage, and inspire associates and candidates
- Support the culture and employment brand strategy by producing video and helping capture high-quality images of Red Hat’s people, offices, and events
- Manage a pipeline of video requests from pre to post-production, including brainstorming, concepting, scheduling, filming, editing, and presenting to internal customers
- Communicate and partner with the Internal Communications and Creative, People (HR), and Corporate Marketing teams as well as Red Hat’s associates on creative concepts and their implementation
- Provide guidance to freelance associates, vendors, or extended associates to ensure the successful implementation of creative concepts
- Work with Red Hatters around the world to capture and share high-quality video and photography content
- Work creatively, be resourceful, and collaborate to deliver projects on time and on brand
- Coordinate with a creative project manager to manage multiple video projects, meet deadlines, and make adjustments based on shifts in business priorities
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 5+ years of professional video and photography experience
- Demonstrated portfolio and video reel
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Premiere Pro, and Lightroom; experience with After Effects and Illustrator is a plus
- Experience using DSLR cameras and professional video cameras as well as lighting for both photography and video
- Experience creating storyboards to develop and explain creative concepts
- Solid communication skills, including experience articulating and explaining decisions and pitching ideas and concepts to leadership
- Detail-oriented with great file organization skills
- Demonstrated experience in strategic thinking, problem-solving, and aligning decisions with team and company strategy
- Ability to collaborate with a team and to lead group brainstorming sessions
- Ability to evaluate creative concepts and provide constructive feedback
- Ability to manage your time and lead projects without direct supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships across multiple teams and all levels of management
- Ability to learn quickly, be versatile, and thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with multiple projects and priorities
- Interest in Red Hat, open source, and the technology industry
- Awareness of global talent markets and global communications
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-400 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page