Software Engineer 📍 Spokane, United States
OpenEye, an innovator in the design and development of cloud-centric software solutions for commercial video management is looking for a Principal Video Software Engineer to join our growing team. As a Principal Video Software Engineer, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining the OpenEye Apex Server application and all aspects of how video is used throughout the OpenEye Web Services (OWS) platform including video streaming, storing video, transcoding video, manipulating video streams, decoding, and video/audio synchronization.
- Develops software including feature additions, modifications, bug fixes and unit tests. Works with Team Leader or Product Owner as issues arise.
- Responsible for all aspects of how video is used throughout the platform, including video streaming, storing video, transcoding video, manipulating video streams, decoding, video/audio synchronization, etc.
- Reviews development requests and makes educated decisions about the most efficient way to proceed.
- Interfaces with various departments and customers to acquire information needed to successfully deliver software that meets customer needs.
- Interfaces with various departments and customers to help solve support issues they are facing using the software.
- Assists other developers (primarily Senior Software Engineers and Software Engineer IIs) as needed when they have questions about processes, coding practices, algorithms, etc.
- Effectively communicates tasks and ideas to fellow developers, management, various departments and customers.
- Analyzes input requirements from various sources and determines the best way to meet each requirement.
- Reviews software code written by others to determine if the code meets company, departmental and team standards.
- 8+ years experience programming in modern C++
- 6+ years experience in video streaming and processing technologies, including one or more of
- Codec technologies such as H.264 or HEVC
- Video recording
- Video decode and display
- Video/audio synchronization
- 6+ years experience in network programming using socket APIs, including both TCP- and UDP-based protocols
- Solid understanding of operating system concepts including threads, processes, mutexes, shared memory, memory-mapped I/O
- Experience writing software for resource-constrained systems
- Experience with both Windows and Linux software development
- Experience with Java and .NET (ideally including WPF and C++/CLI)
- Experience working with GPU technology, especially for video encode, decode or post-processing
- Experience with computer vision algorithms, e.g. using OpenCV
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and practices
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong quality ethic and test-first attitude
- Great communication and teamwork skills
WHO WE ARE
OpenEye has been building video security and loss prevention tools since 1999. Our on-site and cloud-based products can be found protecting facilities such as schools, hospitals, banks, retail stores, and airports all over the world. We’re driven by a passion to make the world a safer place! We are located in beautiful Liberty Lake Washington just between Coeur D’Alene Idaho and Spokane Washington.
WHY OPENEYE IS THE RIGHT CHOICE!
- Collaborative, Fun, Creative Culture
- Casual Dress (jeans are welcome!)
- Competitive Salary + Bonus Opportunities!
- Medical, Life and Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Family Friendly (flexible schedules)
- Work from Home Days
In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we may collect include your name, government-issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$300-500 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page