Copywriter & Social Media Coordinator 📍 Chestnut Hill, United States
The purpose of this position is to grow the graduation rate of the College by ensuring the strategic execution and management of a comprehensive marketing and media program working in tandem with the marketing and communications team to write, edit, and deliver content targeting highly diverse audiences. Additionally, this position will require the ability to move fluidly from print to digital to social, and adapt the voice to speak persuasively through all identified communication channels displaying cultural competency and understanding diversity.
- Strategic thinker and writer with the ability to communicate through a variety of channels: (online, social, advertising, marketing, internal communication, print, etc.)
- Able to develop compelling copy, engaging stories and be able to highlight Pine Manor College’s points of differentiation.
- Able to research and collect content both collaboratively and independently.
- Responsible for monitoring online campaigns primarily Paid Search and Paid Social, and creating reports on our advertising efforts and effectiveness.
- Write, proofread, edit, and act as a lead content developer for Social Media, Web content and other written content as needed
- Develop Press releases and other content for online advertising and marketing channels.
- Monitor social media advertising activities and create ongoing reports measuring effectiveness.
- Conduct interviews, write articles, event transcripts and other reports in support of the College recruitment and fundraising efforts.
- Other projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Three to five years of professional writing experience preferably with freelance and journalistic backgrounds
- A demonstrable mastery of the English language, including proficiency in grammar, syntax, tone, and spelling
- Experience monitoring social media channels and online advertising (Google Ads, Facebook/lnstagram, etc.)
- Familiarity with Google Docs, AP style, basic HTML, and basic SEO writing best practices desirable.
- A team player with eagerness to learn and who is committed to the PMC mission.
- A marketing-minded, versatile, skilled and concise writer with proven track record of displaying cultural competency and understanding diversity
- Capable of composing high-quality copy for social media, blogs, and the web
- Excited to join a dedicated and mission-driven team who believe in the transformational power of Higher Education
Please include in your application:
- two (2) writing samples that demonstrate your command of English and your ability to research, interview, and tell a compelling story (please limit samples to a maximum of 500 words); and
- If you administer an online portfolio, blog, or a collection of other work that you feel accurately showcases your abilities as a writer, please include links.
- Part Time
- 4 Year Degree
- $20.00 Hourly
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your hourly rate budget range? (USD)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page