UX Designer 📍 Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Want to make a better world? We’re hiring a software product designer to lead work on products that raise money for charity and empower internet users.
- £30,000 - £45,000. You will also get share options.
- Flexible working and part-time / job-share options are available. We are also open to hearing proposals from freelancers.
Good work-life balance. Meaningful work. Good colleagues. Challenges where your contribution will matter. Pension. Flexible working. Training budget. Paid volunteer time. Legal and emergency fund for staff in need. Extra holiday. Cycle-to-work scheme. Profit share.
This is an exciting chance to apply your craft to cutting-edge work in a worthwhile way, working with a top team.
About Good-Loop Ltd
Good-Loop takes money from advertisers, and gives it to charities.
But Good-Loop is not itself a charity: we do this by making ads more effective. We are turning ads from a nuisance to be blocked, into a shared positive moment which funds social and environmental good. We also believe in treating internet users fairly, empowering them to be partners in the advertising and data ecosystem. Clients include Unilever, Kit-Kat, and Pepsi. Last year we raised over £500,000 for charity. This year we will double that.
About the Job
You will be responsible for moving forward two products:
- Impact Hub: A B2B reporting tool, which showcases the positive impact of charity giving, alongside data-visualisation of business metrics. Here is the current version. We want to improve and extend it.
- My Good-Loop: A B2C web portal for people to join Good-Loop and make free charity donations. Here’s an early version for this. We want to improve and extend it.
Key tasks are
- User research.
- Work with stakeholders to define product success criteria and key metrics. Monitoring of outcomes.
- Work with customers and stakeholders to shape the roadmap.
- Shaping the look, feel, and voice of the products.
- Planning and conducting product experiments.
- Working closely with the developers so we learn fast and hit milestones.
- You’ll be working with a great team, leading cutting-edge R&D in an agile team - expect to do and learn a lot.
- Good listening and communication skills.
- A gut understanding of what makes great software products…
- Coupled with the open-mind and scientific rigour to test and validate ideas.
- Experience of using research, evidence, or metrics as part of the design process.
- Experience in user-centred design.
- Able to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Some project management skills.
- A can-do attitude.
- Data visualisation
- A/B experiments
- User journey mapping
- Visual design
- Relevant qualifications
- Knowledge of advertising and marketing
- Experience working as part of a start-up
- Business experience, especially entrepeneurship
- Volunteer work, or other examples of working towards a better world
You should be aged whatever from any background. You should care about your work, because we do. You will be trusted with a high level of responsibility in a small talented team. The right candidate will have the chance to shape the job, and will be at the heart of an exciting company.
How To Apply
To apply, please email
- Your CV
- A short portfolio or other demonstration of your best work, e.g. a github link, or a portfolio website.
- If possible, we prefer to see both (a) an example of a hobby project - i.e. a project you did for its own sake (which need not be polished or completed; it might just be a sketch), and (b) an example professional project. Please include brief notes on the design processes you used.
- Optional: a cover letter / email, if there’s something relevant to this job that’s not in your CV or portfolio.
- If you are looking for part-time or project work - then please give details.
- If you have any questions - please do contact us!
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$300-500 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page