Web Developer 📍 South Bend, United States
Come work for one of the Midwest’s fastest-growing media marketing firms. TJ21 Media Group, an award winning firm located in South Bend, Indiana, is growing our web development team and looking for an experienced in-house web developer. We are looking for part-time and full-time staff. Remote services and people searching for work-from-home opportunities, this is NOT for you.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with graphic designers to implement designs according to brand standards.
- Work closely with the marketing team to support advertising initiatives including building promotional landing pages, developing HTML email templates, and implementing search engine optimization.
- Maintain security and ensure availability of WordPress and related systems.
- Stay up to date with emerging web technologies.
- Act as a contributor as needed in support of other WordPress systems.
- Write clean code following best practices and adhering to provided coding standards
- Develop new and update current client websites as needed
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- At least 5 years of web development experience, with a strong focus on Wordpress
- BS in computer science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Strong communication skills.
- Committed to continue enhancing skills by staying up to date with emerging technologies
- Ability to multitask and handle shifting priorities.
- Experience with Wordpress and WooCommerce or similar CMS/eCommerce solutions.
- Experience with HTML, CSS, and PHP.
- Experience with MySQL and SQL databases.
- Experience with responsive web and email design. Understanding of Search Engine Optimization.
- Understanding of PCI compliance as it relates to eCommerce applications.
- Experience with source control solutions such as GIT and SVN.
- Experience with web application monitoring tools such as New Relic.
- Experience with Google Analytics and Google Ads is a plus.
- Must be able to come and work in the South Bend office.
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is
- Dependable - more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented - enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible - enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented - would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented - enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Innovative - prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
Competitive wage, immediate accumulating vacation time, PTO and an awesome work environment in downtown South Bend, Indiana is just a few of the perks working with TJ21. Company hours are Monday - Friday, 8am-5pm. TJ21 is an EOE.
- Full-time, Part-time
- Web Development: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
Typical start time
Typical end time
This Job Is
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$300-500 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page