Delivery Director (contract) in Bristol, UK
Delivery Director (contract) in Bristol, UK
At Zone we are experts in strategy, technology, and content. Our digital specialists work in agile, multi-disciplinary teams to help ambitious businesses win.
This is a Twine Enterprise project. You need to be a Twine Pro to pitch. Click here to learn more.
We believe in the transformative effect of great customer experiences when placed at the heart of your brand’s interactions, processes & people. From helping organisations create and communicate their social purpose to building courageous start-ups from the ground up, we work with like-minded people to do work we’re proud of.
We are currently looking for an experienced Client Delivery Director to join the team in our beautiful Bristol office. It’s a 9 months contract starting in December.
A passionate digital leader, you will take complete ownership for project delivery with a group of clients, delivering exciting innovative, complex projects for your clients. You will lead the vision for project management within the group, ensuring the profitable and high-quality delivery of projects and managing the group’s production team. In addition, you will be part of a multi-disciplinary leadership team to inspire ground-breaking` work and encourage clients to think ambitiously about the potential of their brands. As part of the client group leadership team, you will take responsibility for the long-term direction of the group and the quality of the output.
Project director responsibilities
- Provide the vision and leadership for the production team within the client group and take responsibility for the quality of their output
- Ensure all agency production processes are embedded within the client group and are utilised or adapted effectively to deliver client projects. These include but are not limited to: scoping, estimating project costs, project planning, quality management, resourcing project risk, and assumption management
- Build influential relationships with key client decision makers, whereby they trust and value your opinions and seek advice on their business and project issues. Provide leadership and counsel to them at key points during project delivery, representing work to them and ensuring they are comfortable with project scope, quality, costs and status
- Play an instrumental role in growing existing client relationships and accounts by designing and executing production strategy, attending pitches and client meetings and leading on the production aspects of client proposals
- Provide consistent, effective and efficient delivery of all projects within your client group ensuring they are within scope, quality measures, timelines and budget
- Own the resource management process within your client group, working in partnership with the resource coordinator to ensure that additional and surplus resource is effectively managed against delivery and budget
Leadership team responsibilities
- As part of a leadership team, you will take full responsibility for the overall direction of the group. The team meets weekly and makes all quality, commercial, staffing, client satisfaction and operational decisions relating to the group. The cohesion of this team is fundamental to the success of the group.
- As part of the leadership team, take full responsibility for the quality of work produced by the group, ensuring it is of the highest possible standard, is on brand and meets or exceeds the brief.
- As part of the leadership team, take full responsibility for account profitability and the delivery of account growth.
- As part of the leadership team, lead, motivate, inspire and empower the client group team day to day, ensuring they spot opportunities, see beyond challenges and deliver to the highest possible standards
- Manage the client group production team, ensuring that everyone has regular appraisals, clear objectives and a career plan to work towards
- Manage your team resources to ensure work is delivered on time and profitably, resolving conflicts and making the case for new hires as appropriate
- Broad digital knowledge with an appreciation of all the skills required to develop high-quality digital output
- Strong experience of a Project Director in a digital agency, working in a client facing environment
- Proven track record of overseeing the simultaneous delivery of multiple projects across the full digital spectrum from strategy engagements to content led projects to complex website design and builds (individual project revenues £50k - £500k and annual client group revenues of £3m - £5m)
- Broad understanding of digital technologies
- Strong understanding of Agile methodology
- Innovative problem solver with the ability to apply a rigorous analytical approach to identify issues and deliver solutions quickly
- Ability to multi-task while consistently maintaining a high level of quality and attending to detail
- Exceptional leadership skills with the confidence and integrity to earn client and internal team confidence quickly
- Strong client management skills with the proven ability to build and lead senior client relationships and manage stakeholders
- A collaborative communicator with excellent communication and presentation style
- Proven experience of delivering high-quality output whilst delivering against commercial requirements
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range?
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Twine can guarantee finding 3 relevant freelancers for an extra fee of $650. Would you like to know more?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page